12.09.2010

R Kelly - He's Still Got It!

He has suffered negative press over the last few years concerning allegations of sexual relations with the underage (which led to numerous court case appearances), which has sadly caused many former fans to forget how R Kelly established himself as a respectful artist prior to such controversy.

His recent medley performance on the 2010 Soul Train Awards reminded the audience of exactly why he deserves to be considered an important figure in the music industry - a singer that has influenced and shaped contemporary urban singers such as, Trey Songz, Usher and NeYo. Check the video below:




Kels vocal talents blew me away here. This reminded me of the moment of his prime in 1995 when 'I Believe I Can Fly' peaked the charts for several weeks in the UK. It remains to be one of my favourite songs and this performance shows that there is, despite his errors, more than enough soul left in the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment