12.16.2011

Golden Globes Nominations 2011: Luther and The Help Listed!

Congratulations to the cast and crew of The Help whose movie has been nominated five times for Golden Globe awards for next year!

Particular congratulation to Viola Davis who is nominated for Best Actress for her role as Aibileen who no doubt will be nominated for an Oscar also, I just hope she receives both awards as she is a more than worthy winner. She completely stole my heart in the movie and so my wishes are with Ms Davis on this one.

I'm so happy Octavia Spencer is being recognised, nominated for Best Supporting Actress, as the maid with a hard shell but soft centre and Jessica Chastain (Tree of Life) is also nominated in the same category. She was great as the outcast housewife. I warmed to her and with her character this was not an easy task. 


A massive congratulations to Idris Elba also, as he is nominated for his role in Luther which I'm so excited about. This excellent UK drama deserves to be praised internationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment