2.12.2012

An Icon Has Passed: Whitney Houston

One of my absolute favourite female vocalists, Whitney Houston has passed at the age of 48. Carrying a legendary voice that no other could match in terms of her strong tone and vocal acrobatics, 'the voice' is no more.


I am completely devastated that Whitney has passed long before her time. She was a true artist with a pure talent so this loss is such a tragedy for me personally. My mother was the biggest fan of Whitney and they reminded me of each other as they were both similar in age and strong, confident, beautiful black women.


My earliest memories are of me as a young child in the back of the car listening to my mum singing along to her Whitney CDs. To this day, I have adored the singer and so this news is just heartbreaking.

Here's one of my favourite tracks from the late singer - I will always love you, Whitney, R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment