7.02.2012

BET Tribute to Whitney

BET put on a great awards show this year and I just have to say they truly outdid themselves with the moving tribute put together in memory of Whitney Houston. 


The tribute began with Mariah Carey reminiscing about her fond companion Whitney, struggling to make it through her words by the end. At that point onwards there was not a dry eye in the house when the music began and the singers from Monica, Brandy to Whitney's brother Gary and her mother Cissy Houston, gave their renditions of Whitney's music.

I just have to say I was so utterly moved by Whitney's mother's performance and astounded by the courage and strength she was able to muster as she pushed through Bridge Over Troubled Water. Publicly mourning   her daughter I truly felt for her and her loss as losing Whitney has personally for me been such a loss of talent and raw soul. 


Cissy, what a woman, as your daughter was. You are forever in my heart Whitney. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment