5.08.2015

MET Gala 2015: Fashion Moments

I am back! After a couple of months absent, I have returned and I apologise to readers for the absence. 

I have returned just in time to review the outfit choices of this year's Chinese themed MET Gala. 


Celebrities flocked to the event in an array of looks, from structured gowns, to embellishments and mesh - take a look at my favourite fashion moments from the night:

#1 Kendall Jenner in Calvin Klein
This look stood out from the rest for me for its unique, sultry design that mixes modest modern edge lines with racy laced revealing along the side panels. A perfect daring look for the MET, without being too over-the-top.
#2 Fan Bingbing in Christopher Bu
This stunning Chinese actress is one of my favourite fashion-forward celebrities, always bringing brilliantly dramatic designs to the red carpet, and she does not disappoint here. 
#3 Rihanna in Guo Pei Couture
Rihanna also added high fashion drama to the event, adorning this luxurious cape with perfect Chinese styled accessories to match. Her make-up is exceptionally flawless also.
Sexy Sheer & Fabulous
Beyonce in Givenchy Couture
Beyonce took my breath away with this ultra-revealing look; her body is amazing and I'm glad she changed up her hairstyle. I am tired of seeing mesh gowns however and I wish Beyonce would try a different style of dress at these events.
Kim Kardashian in Roberto Cavalli
Another beautiful mesh design which clings to Kim's every curve. I especially love the shoulder detailing although again it would be nice to see mesh dresses depart from the red carpet for a little while, 
Sultry Rock Edge

                          Zoe Kravitz in Alexander Wang              Claire Danes in Valentino Couture
Zoe looks effortlessly cool as always in this sexy metallic sheer gown and Claire brings some refreshing edge to her look with this fluid chiffon gown finished with a dark lip.

Cut-out Chic
                                      Olivia Munn in J. Mendel                  Maggie Q in Tory Burch
Olivia Munn taps into her Chinese side wearing this gorgeous tie-dye sheer gown with classy cut-outs, while Maggie Q adds oriental class to the event with this white two-piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment