2.27.2012

Viola Davis in all her Stunning Natural Glory at Oscars 2012

I can't express enough my love for this woman as an actress. She is so inspiring in every film I have seen her in, portraying such depth within every character - even if she is only in a couple of scenes.

Viola Davis shone at this years Oscars in a gorgeous green Vera Wang dress with her hair worn in its natural afro texture, which is the first time I have seen a black woman displaying this style at the ceremony, and I am thrilled by the look.


Black women in the public eye shouldn't be afraid to fl@unt their natural hairstyles on the red carpet- we need to see more of this! Viola to me was already an inspiration and has further inspired so many women of colour to be ok with themselves.

I am disappointed she did not bag the Oscar for Best Actress as I truly believe she deserved it, but anyhow Viola didn't need an Oscar to shine through the night. 

Congratulations to her co-star of The Help, Octavia Spencer, who did win for Best Supporting Actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment