7.16.2013

WIRELESS 2013 - LEGENDS OF THE SUMMER!

So my dream finally came true this past Sunday, as I was able to see one of my ultimate favourite music stars, Mr Justin Timberlake, perform live in front of my eyes for the first time at the Wireless festival in London's Olympic Park.
        The superstar singer was everything I hoped he would be and more. JT knew how to work and engage with the crowd as well as his fellow performing partner Mr Jigga Man himself who really knows how to get the crowd amped. Both guys carried this energy throughout their nearly three hour set, ending the festival in true style and substance.


It was definitely worth the ticket price as my group and I were able to get near the front railings in front of the stage so I had a clear view of JT - and he looks even better in real life! I didn't realise Justin had so much organic musical ability as he demonstrated his skills playing the piano and guitar while crooning away.
        He showed his still has rhythm in his step also by slickly pulling out a few moves while performing his more uptempo songs like SexyBack, Like I Love You and new single Tunnel Vision. Justin also gave an exclusive performance of his upcoming single Take Back the Night off the second part of his double album The 20/20 Experience.



Although an odd pairing you would think at first, Justin and Jay Z were able to pull off an amazing show, collaborating together on their classic singles and newest tunes and also giving each other individual time to shine by themselves.
        The day was perfect - no rain, just pure sunshine and good musical vibes. The fact that I managed to get so close in front of one my idols was the most amazing part of it all. I will definitely see JT perform in concert when he next comes to London! What a day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment